Friday, September 09, 2005

God Who Answers Prayers

"God, help me to grow in wisdom, stature, and in favour with God and with men........." was my prayer this morning after my Quite Time, before I started my busy day today.

God is really good to me in every way, that He has paved the way for me in every step I went through today. It's like little pieces of puzzles that pieced up to form a straight path for me to walk on, as I seek Him in my day.

In the morning, He blessed me with the only seat in the Connector bus again. Actually, to recall this again, I should have been more sensitive to my friend, who came after me. Because I came earlier than him, he insisted that I board the bus. The thought of giving him the seat came over my mind a bit too late. I guess he needed the seat more than I do, as he had class at the moment and he needed to reach the uni earlier than I do (I asked him about his class at the bus stop). Well, it was over anyway and I thanked God that He revealed this to me of how to be a man of impact and a man sensitive to other needs. I praised God that He revealed this small portion of His heart so that I could learn more about what was in His heart.

After lunch, I headed towards China Town to get some stuff for the pot bless tonight. Again God was there with me that He brought me there to the bus stop just in time to board the Free Bee Line Bus before it leave.

After getting what I intended to get, I looked at the time and realized that it was too late to catch the Free Connector Bus (Bus A) back to North Adelaide in China Town. Then God showed me the Free City Loop Bus (Bus B) and I boarded that bus, hoping to reach another bus stop at North Terrace, in time to board Bus A there at 250pm.
All the way in bus B, I prayed hard that God would bless me so that I would be there on time to board Bus A. The bus driver even stopped at the middle of the trip to get a cup of coffee before resuming the journey (It was just a short time of "tah powing" a cup of coffee). I kept praying and asking for God's help and blessing. I even attempted to board another bus to get there earlier, but somehow I figured out that staying in this bus was the right and best thing to do. So at last, I made up my mind to calm myself down and to put my faith and trust in God, instead of me trying to do another thing that will make things worse and messy. I even prayed that God would somehow make Bus A to be delayed so that it will come a bit later. As Bus B neared the stop that I was trying to get to, I saw Bus A at the traffic light, at the opposite direction, waiting to turn at the junction. Without delaying, I ran toward the stop where Bus A was heading and thank God that I was in time again to board that bus home. As I looked at the watch, it was 255 pm. I truly thanked God for His gracious love and His favourable answer to my prayer. I believe this was God's mighty work, instead of just being coincidence.

On the journey home on Bus A, I received a call from my new housemate. He asked me for a favour to look for something in his room. He was truly glad that I was heading home at the moment.
I was not able to communicate well with him all these while and it seemed that there was some barrier between us. So I was quite surprised when I received a call from him. After I helped him to check his stuff out for him at home, he was so grateful to me that he said he owed me this time. I replied to his SMS, "You owe me ain't no thing. Glad to be able to help you!" I believe this was really a moment of breakthrough and favour with men. I gave thanks to God in all His mighty ways and all His greatness that He's worked in my lives! I looked forward for more of His great works in my lives in my day ahead.

Truly, this verse in the following song is true;
God is good, all the time.

Are you growing in favour with God and with men today? Why not ask God for such favour? He said in His words: Ask and you will receive, Seek and you shall find, knock and the door would be opened to you. I pray that God would also help you to grow in wisdom, stature and in favour with God and with men. God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home