Thursday, March 16, 2006

God's Mighty Revelation (15/3/06)

I was discussing a matter with my aunt for the previous days through email when she spoke something about observing Commandment 10 in the Bible. This brought my mind to wonder what is Commandment Ten and what is the true meaning of that. This caused me to ponder into the Ten Commandments again and amazingly, I was currently reading in the book of Deutoronomy in my daily devotion and the next day was where I came across the Ten Commandments. Truly I knew that God wants to speak to me and reveal great mystery into my lives.
Commandment #10, it says - Do not covet! As I pondered into the deep and true meaning of it using my Life Application Study Bible. God revealed to me of my sins that I have been doing all this while without noticing. I have broken commandment #10, through discontentment and lust. Immediately, I went on my knees and asked for forgiveness and also strength to change my mind and heart.
In the evening, I went to Powergen and Rene was the speaker and she spoke about "Speaking Supernatural Words & Speaking a Blessing". As she spoke, it was as if God spoke to my heart personally. God spoke mightily through her as she revealed and asked the guys (specially addressed to the guys) to repent of our ways. She said that many of us are trapped in the life of sin and found it hard to be set free of this bondage. We were given the opportunity to respond that night to repent before the Lord and He shall forgive us and shall help us out from such bondage of sin.
These words and sermon spoke mightily into my heart and I responded in faith to the call of repentance and I asked the Lord to help me to change and to set me free from such bondage. PTL!

The next day, as I read through the sermon notes again in the night before I sleep, God again revealed to me another great thing. As Rene has said, our words are binding and it has the ability to change the future. Therefore we need to speak positively to change the natural order of life. From this, God revealed to me that instead of asking Him to help me to release me from the bondage of sin, I have to pray and believe that He is doing the work right now. So I prayed, "Lord Father, I give you thanks for the great things You are doing in my lives and my heart and my mind right now. I believe that as I come to You in repentance and I asked You to help me to set me free from this bondage of sin, I truly believe that You are doing great and mighty works in me right now. I believe You are breaking the strongholds in my mind and my heart, setting me free bit by bit". Another revelation that God has shown me was that His work is gradual and He will and is breaking down the bondage in my lives gradually/day-by-day. I learned this when I was doing my devotion on Deutoronomy Chapter 7,8, & 9.

Deutoronomy 7:21 & 22 Do not be terrified by them (the "enemies" or the bondages), for the Lord your God, who is among you, is great and awesome God. The Lord your God will drive out those nations before you, LITTLE BY LITTLE. You will not be allowed to eliminate them all at once, or the wild animals will multiply around you.

The following is what the Life Application Study Bible says about this passages;
Moses told the Isarealites that God would destroy Israel's enemies, but not all at once. God had the power to destroy those nations instantly, but he chose to do it in stages, "little by little". In the same way and with the same power, God could miraculously and instantaneously change your life. Usually, however, he chooses to help you gradually, teaching you one lesson at a time..........

From this, I truly believe that God is working within my heart right now, delivering me from the bondage, little by little. PTL!
I'll leave the work of breakthrough and clearing such bondage into His mighty hand, for He is more than able to do great and mighty things.

I praise the Lord for He has brought and ordained such victory for and in my lives. I would also like to thank God for today - such a great day.
I'm thankful to God that He enabled me to catch an alternative metrobus to go into city this morning. After knowing that the free bus that I wanted to board earlier was full, I walked over to another public metrobus. As I was approaching the corner of the bus stop, I heard a voice telling me to be fast and that the bus might be there already. I ran and amazingly, the bus was there and was just about to leave. Finally I mange to board the bus to the city just on time. Praise the mighty and caring God!

I also thank God for giving me the opportunity to bless the Life Group with some junkies food....... Smiths New flavours....... tonight.

All glory and honour belongs to the mighty God of heaven, Who is worthy to be praised! Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home