Thursday, December 29, 2005

Spiritual Hunger (27/12/05) Part 1

It has been a few weeks already since I left Adelaide on the 4th of December. Staying in Adelaide for 10 months has truly been a great experience to me and has also impacted me in great ways. Even as I am having the summer holiday now, I started to miss Adelaide a lot already….. Especially the church I’ve been attending, Paradise Community Church, and also where I am serving in the choir. I could truly say that I was well-fed spiritually in that church. In addition to that, to serve and join the choir has added to my spiritual growth and my contentment. Indeed I understood now, the importance of praise in our lives as a CHIRSTIAN.

I am also thankful that I am at home now….. Malaysia. It is truly great to be back here in my hometown, where I can taste the food that I missed so much and the home cook. Indeed the abundant food here has caused my tummy to go in havoc and I am having digestion problem this few days. As this problem persists, my heart longs for “solid” spiritual food. So far, the spiritual fill that I have here are from books, daily devotion of the international standard textbook – Bible – and some Christian worship songs.
Although I was physically well-fed here, I still sensed about something that was missing in my lives here in my hometown. I can confidently say that it was the spiritual food that was lacking – the solid spiritual food. Even in this situation, I truly believe that my Great God is still with me, as He has promised me (us) in Deuteronomy 31:6 that He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Even as the Lord has placed me here this holiday, I still pray persistently and with faith that He will come to bring revival and transformation into this place and also in my family and also in the church, that his disciples will rise up to burn for the Lord. I also pray that He will use me to make an impact in this place, as I showered forth His love and peace in this place.
Another important thing that I realized in my lives here is that I need to praise Him in songs of joy EVERYDAY. I guess that was what is lacking in my lives right now – to praise Him in every situation, in sickness and in happiness.
Praise the Lord for this revelation!

Is there anything lacking in your lives?
Have you started praising the Maker of all things, The King of kings?

Spiritual Food And Regeneration (27/12/05) Part 2

After I blogged “Spiritual Hunger” in the morning, God answered my cry for spiritual food after lunch today. I thank God that He has led me so that I brought some sermons on the DVD back from Adelaide. I was led to listen to the series of “The Spirit of Intimidation”. As I continued Part 3 of the series, I was truly rejuvenated and refreshed and fed spiritually when God chose this hour to speak personally to me through this sermon message.
Little did I know that I was being intimidated throughout this holiday, as Pastor Ashley said in the sermon that ‘intimidation drains off our authority and the emotional man’. After understanding what the intimidation has done to my life, I felt my inner man rising up again, soaring like an eagle.
For those whose hope is in the Lord shall renew their strength and they shall soar on the eagles’ wings, they shall run and not grow weary, walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
This message truly has impacted and spoken to me so powerfully that I was strengthened spiritually. I also believe that there will be a great breakthrough around the corner and at the end of the intimidation.
Praise the Lord!
Even as Pastor Ashley said, I would keep pressing onwards and will also continue to pray for strengths/resolve to continue this work and this battle.
I truly praise the Lord of Glory for speaking into my lives freely and mightily.
Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home