Thursday, December 29, 2005

Favour (14/12/05)

As I sat down to think about my weeks before I came back home to Malaysia for holiday, I realized and noticed about the abundant blessings that God had lavished in my lives so far. There was a burning desire within my heart to have it blogged and typed out, to share them with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

Firstly, I thanked God for sustaining me through the period of examination and also for the peace that He placed in my heart as I worked hard for the exam. He has led me and taught me to learn to take things one by one and not to worry about too many things in one time. He also gave me the strength to persevere through this period of hardship. But I also rejoice in my sufferings, because I know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, who He has given us. (Romans 5:3-5)
I was also amazed at how He has kept me strong and gave me strength and kept me alert as I stayed awake overnight to study to my best for my third and fourth papers, without consuming coffee. Praise the Lord for all these and for enabling me to run the race well.

I just got my results last weekend and I rejoiced greatly for His blessing, as I got two credits and one Pass Level1, which was the best result I’ve ever got so far. I truly thanked God for the blessings and also for giving me the strength to persevere.
Even though I failed the supplementary viva of a subject that I haven’t cleared the last semester, I still praise God and looked forward for His miracle to dwell in my result, as I appealed for a pass for the subject, seeing that I got credit for this subject, which is a continuous subject from the one I failed.

Even as I got the results a few days ago, I feared of telling the failed supplementary to my grandpa, fearing that I would disappoint him and made him angry, as the last time I failed a subject, I was scolded. I was planning to tell him a bit later, after I’ve settled and confirmed about the appeal. But somehow, my grandma mentioned about the result during dinner today and I was left no option but to tell him. Guess this should be the day that the Lord has made to tell my grandpa the result, as I have been praying for the Lord’s favour upon me that I would not be scolded. After I’ve told my grandpa about my result and the appeal that I’ve made, I praise the Lord that I’ve found favour in my grandpa, that he didn’t scold me, but gave me some words of encouragement.

In addition to the appeal that I’ve made to the university, I also believe that God is in control of this and whether or not He would allow me to pass, it is the best decision for me and my lives, and I would be ready for all that He is going to do in my lives. Somehow, I still feel in my heart that He would grant me with pass, but I’m ready for whatever that He would be doing in this appeal.

God has also been so good to me that He enabled me to go to Gold Coast last week for my sister’s graduation in Queensland University and to meet my dearest parents, whom I missed so much, and also my second sister there. It was really a pleasant and great trip. I also believe for breakthrough in our relationship within the family, that there would be unity among us. I truly praise and exalt God’s holy name, as I can see the breakthrough happening bit by bit and gradually. Even as we’ve left Gold Coast, I still believe that the Lord would complete the work in the heart of each one of us.

I prayed for more breakthroughs within my family, during this holiday at home and also that the Lord would work His love through my body, that I would shower forth His love to each of my family members, to bring transformation and breakthrough to the glory of the Lord.
After dinner tonight, my grandma mentioned about changing and cleaning the shirt of the reindeer (soft toy), which my siblings and I gave to my grandpa for His previous birthday and which he put in his car. I took this opportunity to share and give him one of my small, tiny shirt for the reindeer. Without knowing how much impact it would be, I gave the shirt and wore it onto the reindeer in my grandpa’s car. Upon leaving, my grandma showed him the new shirt that was on the reindeer and I can see the joy and the smile in his face as he left. He even waved to me before he drove off, as I sent them off at the door and said goodnight. This is the first time ever I felt so close and connected with my grandpa. I was overjoyed to have blessed and enlightened his heart. I believe that the Lord is working within his heart to speak forth His love to him. And breakthrough is around the corner now. Praise the mighty and faithful, loving God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home