Thursday, October 20, 2005

Snatched From the Fire

I read Through this from my devotional book this morning and found it very meaningful and strenthening words and it spoke straight into my heart. Well, I just wanna share this with you all and hope you'll find the encouragement and strenth from it.

Zechariah 3:1-10
Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angle of the LORD, & Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. The LORD said to Satan, "The Lord rebuke u, Satan! The Lord who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?" Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. The angel said to those who were standing before him, take off his filthy clothes." THen he said to Joshua, "See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put rich garments on u." Then I said, "Put a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the anngel of the Lord stood by. The angel of the Lord gave this charge to Joshua: "THis is what the Lord Almighty sayd: 'If you will walk in my ways and keep my requirements, then u will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give u a place among these standing here. Listen, O high priest Joshua and your associates seated b4 u, who are men symbolic of things to com: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch, See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are 7 eyes on that one stone adn I will engrave an inscription on it,' says the Lord Almighty,'and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day. In that day each of u will invite his neighbour to sit under his vine and fig tree, declares the Lord Almighty."

In this vision, Zechariah saw the cleansing of Joshua the high priest & the restoration of Israel. While Satan accused, od defended His own for He saved him like a 'burning stick snatched from the fire'. Joshua was restored to righteousness and would be entrusted with God's house if he continued to walk in God's ways and keep His requirements.
Sometimes our lives seem to stop functioning. Like a computer, something may have become corrupted and we need a reset button for our lives. There is such a button every time we return to God. We get burned in the process of life, sometimes to the extent of being like branches that are almost burnt out. We think all is lost until our Saviour comes along and presses the reset button. We are like 'Burning stick snatched from the fire'. When we trust in Chirst, He takes our sin away and gives us His righteousness. When the devil seeks to accuse us and make us feel guilty, Jesus Christ our advocate defends us. He declares, 'Paid in full on the cross of Calvary!' Each time we return to GOd, he resets our lives. And with each reset comes a new beginning of trusting and walking with Christ in our daily comings and goings.
Have you become tired of coming to Christ to be reset? So not, because He wants to pull you out of the burning fire and give you as many new beginnings as you need. We need those resets to keep us growing and serving in a life that is full of challenges.
'See, I have taken away your sin,
and I will put rich garments on you'
(Zechariah 3:4b)
THis is the page that so spoken to me today. Hope it speaks to you as well and be a blessing and strengthening to you all! God bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home