Wednesday, October 05, 2005

INTEGRITY

I went out to do some shopping in Foodland after I dropped by the post office to send a card home. After getting all my stuff in Foodland, I queued up at the counter to pay. When it came to my turn to pay, I left all the stuff on the counter to be scanned and I put the basket back to the stack of them beside the counter. As I flipped opened my wallet, I noticed a black bus ticket (non-peak-hour multitrip ticket). I thought it was mine (thought I dropped it), so I just picked it up and took it with me. After keeping all my change, I checked through my wallet to see if I've dropped my ticket. After checking, I found that the ticket does not belong to me and it was just used for 4 or 5 trips only. I struggled in my mind, whether to keep it or to return the counter. After thinking and asking God what I should do, I finally figured out that I should return it to the counter. So I did.
The word that came to my mind after I asked God was "INTEGRITY". I praised the Lord that He helped me to make the right decision. I can also sensed that He was smiling at me when I decided to return the ticket. Hehehehehhe!!!
Last month, I was so blessed to found a Multitrip Peak-hour bus ticket which was just used for 3 trips near the ATM machine. I kept that ticket with me because there was no one I could return to. I thanked GOd for the blessing. However, I knew quite well that I should not keep this ticket this time, because I can still return it to the counter.
Well, I'll never know whether the owner will come back for that ticket or not OR what could have happen to that ticket. But one thing I'm glad is that I've did the right thing.
Praise the Lord of justice and truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home