Thursday, December 29, 2005

God’s Intervention (23 Dec 2005 Fri)

Fear gripped me when I received the reply from my lecturer, after I appealed for pass for the failed supplementary result. I tried appealing for pass as I got credit for the continuous subject in the second semester. I was afraid to tell my grandpa, who is my sponsor in my study now, as I was scolded the last time I failed a subject and had to repeat the second year subject for a year. Now that it happened again, I was just fearful of how he will react this time. This also meant that I had to repeat another year to complete the subject, before I can proceed to my final year, fourth year.
I prayed persistently for God’s favor upon me, that He would intervene in this situation and cause my grandpa to show favor to me as well, and to continue giving his support and some words of encouragement (to say it short…… not to scold me, as words of encouragement is my main love language). Some how, when I prayed about this problem, God placed His peace within my heart and gave me the assurance that He is in control. This peace gave me the courage and the strength to face the response that I’m going to get from my grandpa.
The repeat that I did in 2004 was truly a life-changing year to me and I truly learned a lot more than I did in my 2002+2003. It is also a blessed year to me, as I grew stronger in character and in my spiritual life. Indeed, I also believe that God has a greater plan for me in 2006. Praise the Lord!

After dinner tonight, I spoke to my grandpa. I believe God is truly there with me when I spoke to him. My grandpa spoke gently to me when I told him about the reply that I got from my lecturer. I also reassured him that this is the course I’m interested in. After a short chat, he told me to work harder and assured me that he will continue the financial support in my years ahead. I truly praise the Lord with joy, as I hopped happily, leaving his room. The Lord Almighty has truly answered my prayer and intervened in this situation.
Indeed, I look forward to what He has planned for me in 2006 and I’m still praying for revelation from my Great God of Revelation, to reveal to me what He has for me in 2006.
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what the Lord has in store for those who love Him. 1 Cor. 2:9

When I was online today, I met my college friend on the msn and we chat for a moment. We spoke about girlfriend and I told him about the leading of the Lord, even in our BGR and our love relationship and also to be sensitive to the voice of the Lord. As we chat along, we also spoke about spiritual mentoring – how I walked with mentoring with a spiritually matured mentor – in hearing from God and making tough and unclear decisions.
After that, I was truly surprised when my friend asked me to be his mentor and partner in his spiritual growth. I truly believe God has another new ‘assignment’ or ‘mission’ for me this time, that He is bringing me into another level of spiritual growth. I thanked God for His favor.
I told him that I’ll be more than happy to help and I also told him to try to get another mentor, whom can be made more available to him in his university, as I can only meet him online once in a while only.
God is really gracious and wonderful, too marvelous, beyond comparison, and too awesome and powerful. Praise our great God, who is worthy to be praised forever! Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home