Saturday, May 20, 2006

Obedience Step By Step (20/5/06)

God spoke to me again, this morning in my devotion, the same message that He spoke to me last night when I was reading through Joyce Meyer’s book. I truly believe that He is preparing my heart well for today’s devotion through last night’s reading and also preparing me for the great challenges of the walk of faith in the future. Again He spoke to me about Obedience Step by Step, the title of this morning’s devotion. The same passage from the Bible was chosen as one of the examples in the book. It was taken from Genesis 22:1-2, where the story of Abraham’s obedience was taken as an example. [Well, I do hope that this would at least motivate and challenge every Christian to read the whole Bible, including the Old Testament, so that we can get a better picture of what happened when such a story was told.]
It says in the devotion book that Abraham learned patience as he waited on God’s promise of a son…Abraham learned to trust God…
Life application: As the Father reveals His ways to you in your Christian pilgrimage, you, like Abraham, will develop a deeper level of trust in Him. When you first became a Christian, your Master’s instructions were probably fundamental, such as being baptized and changing your lifestyle. But as you learn to trust Him more deeply, He will develop your character to match bigger tests, and with the greater test will come a greater love for God and knowledge of His ways.
Are you ready for God’s next revelation?
Another passage from my reading this morning spoke to me the same message that God revealed to me last night. As I read through Proverb’s, my eyes caught an attention on Proverbs 20:24 A man’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand his own way?
In the Life Application explanation, it says We are often confused by the events around us. Many things we will not understand; others will fall into place in years to come as we look back and see how God was working. This proverb counsels us not to worry if we don’t understand everything as it happens. Instead, we should trust that God knows what He’s doing, even if His timing or design is not clear to us. See Psalm 37:23 for a reassuring promise of God’s direction in your life.
Another verse that spoke to me more clearly about my role as a student was found in Proverbs 20:4 A sluggard does not plow in season; so at harvest time he looks but finds nothing.
Life application: You’ve heard similar warnings: if you don’t study, you’ll fail the test; if you don’t save you won’t have money when you need it. God wants us to anticipate future needs and prepare for them. We can’t expect Him to come to our rescue when we cause our own problems through lack of planning and action. He provides for us, but He also expects us to be responsible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home