Sunday, April 16, 2006

Unnecessary Worry (16/4/06)

Before I slept last night, I was a bit worried about my transport to go for the 9am Easter Sunday Service in the main Paradise Church. As I was involved in the choir singing in the service, I was supposed to be in the church for rehearsal before 8.10 am. I've already messaged my friend to ask for a ride to church for this morning (as I always did). However, I got a bit panicked and worried when I still haven't received a reply from her. There was no answer even though I've called her mobile. Then all sort of thoughts and intimidation came into my mind. I tried calling and contacting all my other friends for transport help, but I didn't manage to get through to anyone....... not even one. At last, when I gave up the hope and asked God for help, there was a small still voice/whisper (rhema) in my heart, telling me not to worry and to trust in the Lord, who provides. With that voice, I put down my phone I put my faith and hope in Him. Somehow, my heart still felt insecure and I even made an alternative plan of catching the bus early in the morning to the church. But the only problem about catching a bus was, I didn't have the timetable and I don't know what time does the bus starts operating on Sunday and public holiday. I even attempted to just give it a try for the bus, IF I still didn't get any reply from my friend when I wake up this morning.
I even heard another voice (Rhema) in my heart, asking me to just turn off my mobile and trust in the Lord, before I sleep. With faith, that He will answer and provide, I turned it off, as I let it charged through the night.

As I laid down to sleep at night (last night, on 15/4/06 night), after my prayer and a conversation with the Lord (I also presented this request to the Lord in this prayer. I also claimed the promises of the Lord, from His Words (logos)), my mind was still filled with such worries and insecurity, and I asked the Lord to grant me peace within me. A few minutes after I closed my eyes, trying to sleep, I heard another whisper (rhema) in my mind - Unnecessary worries - and with that voice, I felt like the Lord just came over and swept through and off those worries and burdens I had in my mind and I can feel such freedom and peace within me. With that, I had a good rest that night.
I learned today, both from experience and from the book, The Fourth Dimension, of the need for us to operate our lives with rhema.

Well, I was a bit too excited for today, that I woke up in the middle of the night, thinking that it was time for me to wake up. I brushed my teeth and had a shower, just to find that it was only 12am when I was getting to change. Realising that, I went to bed again.

When I woke up this morning, after my shower and change, I turned on the mobile. Praise the Lord! Finally, I got a reply from my friend that she will pick me up at the same time. Now I understood the words, "Unnecessary worries" that the Lord has spoke into my mind last night. I praised the Lord and my heart was filled with joy, as I did my morning devotion.
I sang in the choir in both, the 9am and 11am services. After that I joined my aunt and cousin for lunch and visited my aunt's new place. I wanted to join the choir at the evening interactive church, but somehow I felt God had another assignment for me that evening.

I obeyed the Lord and didn't sing in the choir, but I brought and accompanied my aunt's friend's son, Kien, to the Interactive Church. He is a non-believer and this is a good opportunity to bring him to church. The evening with David Evans, the best voice singer in Australia, was really great, as he evangelised forth God's Love to the non-believers, all throughout his songs. Wow! That was truly a great ministry. Throughout the service, I whispered my prayer to the Lord, that He would speak forth His love to Kien and enables him to encounter His love and touch. I also believed and claimed that the Lord is doing great things in his heart at the moment. When David called for the altar call, for those who wants to accept the Lord, I asked Kien if he's ready, but he said no. However, I thanked the Lord and believed that the Lord has sowed forth His seeds into his heart and He will cause them to grow and bear fruits at His timing. After the service, I brought Kien to the guest lounge and he spoke to Wilson. I was amazed at how Wilson was able to connect to him so easily and he was able to answer those complex questions that Kien had. I truly believed that God had already arranged Wilson to speak to him, as the Lord made him available when I brought Kien to the guest lounge. As we left the church, I asked Kien how he enjoyed attending the church and I got positive responses from him, saying that he didn't know church was this fun, this friendly, and he also agreed that David was a good singer, with great voice. He also seemed interested in further event and will join us more often.
I truly praise the Lord for giving me such an opportunity to bring a friend (actually a new friend to me too) to the church. PTL!
I'm looking forward for God to work mightily in people's lives, and in and through my lives.
Thank You, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home