Thursday, April 13, 2006

New Language of Positive Words (12/4/06)

I was reading this new book, presented by my sister - The Fourth Dimension, by Dr. David Yonggi Cho - when I came across this passage in the book, which spoke greatly into my heart;

Where can we learn this new language (language of positive words)? From the best language book of all, the Bible. Read the Bible From Genesis to Revelation. Acquire the Bible's language, speak the word of faith, and feed your nervous system with a vocabulary of constructive, progressive, productive and victorious words. Speak those words; keep repeating them, you will become victorious, for you will be completely conditioned to meet your environment and circumstances, and achieve successs. This is the most important reason to use the spoken word: to create the power to have a successful personal life.

As I read through this, the Lord showed me how He has worked within my lives and an example of how I have spoken the situation into my lives.

Walking to the university early in the morning has been one of my favourite time. Instead of boarding the freebus which sends me straight outside my uni, sometimes I walked to uni when the weather is good. In the journey to uni, I will normally use such opportunity to pray and to sing songs of praise to the Lord. One of my favourite songs that I always sing is "Psalm 23" by Patrick Leong (a Malaysian singer). I see this as a way of memorising the chapter through songs, and at the same time, praising the Lord with the song, and also speaking such authoritative (or positive and encouraging) words into my lives. Through such a walk, I can sensed that the Lord walked with me and gave me strength and joy for the day. It was truly a refreshing and valuable time with the Lord. I not only felt rejuvenated after such a walk, I also felt so much joy and alert, to keep me awake through my day and through the lectures (students will probably understand what I mean to be alert during lectures).

This was what the Lord has thought me through the reading of such passage. I truly praise the Lord for showing such secret and understanding.

Have you had a walk with the Lord today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home