Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Answered Prayers (5/4/06)

I was very excited for today....... Wednesday. I went to uni for gym early in the morning, hoping to be home earlier to start my study. However, I ended up helping up my landlord in fixing and replacing the gas stove in the evening. I thank God for the new stove, with the new oven. Well, I was also glad to be a help to my landlord too.

I wanted to do my study earlier today so that I could go to Powergen at night. I was very well-prepared for the Powergen at about 6pm, but I got a call from my friend saying that he will not be able to make it for the night, as he will be late and busy that night. At first, hope dashed within my heart of going to the meeting. (I'm being honest here. Not trying to blame or make anyone feel guilty. Please do understand. Hehe.....) However, God put the hope back into my heart at giving me an alternative of going to the meeting. I made a short whisper of prayer to the Lord, "Lord, if it's Your will for me to go to Powergen, may You grant me with the transport to go to the meeting." Then the thought of my good friend, Andrew, came into my mind. Without haste, I called him on the mobile and was surprised and yet excited to know that he was around my street and was on his way to the meeting. The Lord blessed me and confirmed my prayer through a brother like Andrew, as he agreed to drop by my place to pick me up to the meeting.

I went to the meeting with an open heart, for Him to move and speak into my heart. No doubt, I had an encounter with God during the worship and the sermon again that night. During the altar call, after the sermon, Ps. Rowley opened up the front for those who wants God to show them their God-given/breathed dream/s. I thought for a while and thought I needed a clearer picture from the Lord of what He had planned for me in the future.
As I went out to the front and I lifted my hands to the heaven, with my eyes closed, and I had a quiet conversation in my heart with the Lord, I waited for a leader to pray for me. After my conversation with the Lord and some time of waiting, I peeped through my eyes to see who was coming over to pray for me. Then I noticed brother Wilson, slipping through the crowd and heading towards me. As I kept my eyes closed and focused on praising the Lord, I was surprised with the touch of a hand on my shoulder. From the voice from my back, I recognised it was Wilson's. As I kept raising my hands to the Lord, the Lord placed a word into Wilson's heart and He answered my prayer through him.
This also reminded me of the book I am currently reading - How to Hear from God, by Joyce Meyer - that she said that God also speaks through other people. Well, it's been long since I had such an experience, that God spoke and answered my prayer through others. But I'm glad to have this encounter again tonight.

Wilson spoke the following words to me; (not a real quotation)
Keep trusting the Lord and He will lead and guide you through each day and my future.
The Lord sees everything that you did in the secret/hidden place everyday - your praise to the Lord, devotion and prayer - and God is pleased with such a close relationship that was built with Him. Keep being faithful in seeking the Lord everyday in prayer, praise and devotion and Proverbs 3:5 and 6 says not to lean on your own understanding, but to trust in the Lord with all your heart, & in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight (and will lead you through each day).

Wow! It was truly awesome and I believe that God has spoken to me and answered my prayer.
At the same time when I was at the front during the altar call, I got an answer and a confirmation of another of my prayer that I have been asking the Lord to confirm for the past few weeks. He put a burden in my heart to help my friend up in coming for the Influencers' Conference. I was not so sure about this and keep seeking the Lord about this matter. But God confirmed me about this. I know there is a sacrifice that comes with this calling, but I truly believe that God has a far greater rewards for me in heaven and in my future.

PTL for His goodness and His love and faithfulness. His love endures forever!
Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home