Thursday, May 11, 2006

Worship As A Lifestyle; By Telling Others About Him (11/5/06)

It was indeed a very and exciting day for me today. I've planned for a full-packed-schedule day today. After quiet time in the morning, I rushed over to catch the Connector Bus at the back of my unit, along Tynte Street. Thank God I was there earlier by 5 minutes. I met my friends in the bus and was full of joy to have met them. I started my "work" with doing some research in the computer pool - online - till lunch hour. Wow! The stuff to look for about Respiratory Tract Infection was truly massive and messy. Every information was all around the net. At the end, I figured out that looking into my textbook - Therapeutic Guideline - was still the best place to stick to.
After lunch, I went for PBL tutorial. Honestly, it was truly a good session today, compared to the days before. Maybe because I was getting used to this type of sturcture of PBL. Before this, I really don't like the way this tutor conducted it. But I guess I was starting to like it now. PTL for helping me to adapt and to be flexible.
After the tutorial, I went over to the gym straight away. I spent about 2 hours there, working up my back and shoulders (+cardio) today. The adrenaline boost and the serotonin boost made me feel good, strong and warm. I rushed off after around 5pm, headed towards Rundle Mall.
I went to grab 13 small cans of tunas for storage, as they were on sale now in Woolworths. 99 cents a can...... That's not bad. Just wanna store some Omega-3's for future use.
After that, I rushed off to catch a bus home and took a shower and a light meal before rushing off to catch a bus to the city again, heading to church for choir practice tonight. Phew! What a rush! Not much time for me to waste!
I watied for quite a few minutes before the bus came to pick me up, heading to the city. Well, I was really glad that God is in control in all this and He gave me peace as I waited for the bus for quite a long time.
At last I reached church about 5 minutes late for the choir meeting. But thank God I didn't miss anything, as they haven't start the meeting yet. PTL! I didn't miss anything!
The meeting tonight was really awesome. The worship was great and the short message by Ps Rowlie was great as well.
In short, he spoke about WORSHIP and How do we glorify God? John 17:4
The points that he gave were (1) worship is a lifestyle, we are the reflection of who we are worshiping [1 Cor. 10:31]; (2) By loving each other [e.g. we practice this in the church]; (3) Becoming like Jesus; (4) By serving others with our gifts [e.g. massage - strengthens and refreshes others]; (5) By telling others about HIM [2 Cor. 4:15], Draw someone into the house of God.
Wow! This simple short message was really a powerful message. I can truly felt the presence of the Lord in the hall during the meeting and also even before the worship begins, as the anointed keyboardist stroke the keyboard.
After the message, we got a surprise that pizzas were provided for tonight's meeting. As we grabbed the food, we were also shown the DVD's recording of the items that we presented during the four nights of Influencer's Conference two weeks ago. It was truly a great revelation to us and a great blessing to us that God enabled us to serve His people and to bless them in our service in the house of the Lord. I truly believed that our services in the choir and the worship team have blessed multitude of people, as we gathered up our gifts to serve the Lord and His people in UNITY and AGREEMENT.
After the meeting a caring and faithful brother sent me home. Thank God that I could be home earlier today - around 9 pm. Again, I believed this was another divine appointment of the Lord, for enabling me to reach home earlier.
As I walked over to my unit, I noticed that someone just moved into the apartment. They seemed to be lack of people. I was expecting to see a guy carrying the furniture up, as I only saw a lady standing by the truck to take care of the stuff. But to my surprise, I saw only a lady carrying stuff up the stairs. I went back home and dropped by my stuff. As I was taking off my shoes, the Holy Spirit somehow spoke into my heart and impressed into my heart to go and help them out with the moving. As He spoke this, He also impressed into my heart the message that was preached by Ps Rowlie, about the fifth point; that we need to be a witness to the Lord in our daily lives. That again motivated me to move on and obey and take the opportunity to help and witness through love.
I offered the help and the offer was accepted and seemed to be appreciated as well. I tried all I can to help them with the furnitures and I was also given this opportunity to meet new people. They are my new neighbours (a floor on top of mine).
This was my first time (probably the second) of truly knowing my neighbours. Well, I truly believe that God is working mighty, great and unseen works within their lives right now, even as I offered myself as a channel of blessing to them.
I truly felt so happy and joyful and glad of being able to share such love and help and concern to my new neighbours. What God has enabled me to do today was really satisfying. I felt that I've maximised my day well today, although I knew I can do a lot more than that. Praise the Lord for His love and goodness. Thank God for letting me see such a great opportunity and not to miss this.
Hallelujah! All glory and honour belong to my great King!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home