Sunday, April 23, 2006

Fear? (23/04/06)

I was praying through a few questions/items throughout last few days, asking God to show me His way and direction, whether or not I should do these or not. The things that had been in my mind for the past few days were about whether or not I should take up the challenge to work part-time (without pay), which will require me to apply for the working visa (which will cost about $55 or $60), and whether or not I should get a flu vaccine this season (around $20), to prevent flu during the winter.

I didn’t get any clear answer from the Lord until today, when I spoke and consulted my aunt about these items that had been playing in my mind. Through the chatting on the MSN with her, I got quite clear answers about them. I truly thank the Lord that He spoke through my aunt. These answers that I received were supported by God’s Words (logos).

I decided not to get flu vaccine because my body is the holy temple of the Lord Jesus Christ and I trust that He will guide me and protect me from such harm. I needed to trust in the Lord and claim all His promises He has in store for me from His words. Trust and Faith are the key point. Well, that would save me some money too. PTL!

I decided to take the step of faith in applying for the working visa and the work, after thinking through again, that I would be able to gain experience through the $60 I pay for the working visa. I also have some extra time that I can use to gain experiences from the pharmacy.

These decisions came mainly from man’s perspective and view.
The amazing thing was that after the chatting, I laid down for a short evening nap and the Lord spoke (rhema) to me into my mind, as I closed my eyes for the nap and I felt the Lord’s peace rested upon my heart in the decisions that was made. He even spoke two verses to confirm the decisions.

Proverbs 23:23 (my devotion today)
Buy the truth and do not sell it; get wisdom, discipline and understanding.

Another verse was from somewhere in the Old Testament when the Priest would normally said, “Go! The Lord has granted you success.” (something like that)

The Lord clearly revealed to me that I should go on with the decision to apply for the working visa and for the part-time voluntary work. He showed me through this proverb that I should invest to gain and acquire wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The second verse that was revealed further confirmed such decision.

Another thing that the Lord revealed to me about getting flu vaccine was FEAR. Many of the times, we are attacked by fear. Fear is a weapon of the enemy and we need to guard our heart from such fear of illnesses. That was what gripped my heart that led me to consider getting flu vaccine. However God has conquered fear and illness for us and we shall not let it grip hold of us.

I truly thank the Lord for revealing such truths to me that I could live in freedom and walk in faith. Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home