Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Lord Is With You (21/6/06)

I had a close and personal connection and fellowship wit the Lord when I was doing my devotion this morning. His Spirit spoke into my heart great words of encouragement, as I read through the devotional materials.
I was reading through the devotion book this morning, where it spoke about Spiritual Famine. At the end of the reading, they quoted a beautiful passage that spoke to my heart personally.

The Lord is with you while you are with Him. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you.

It was also strange that there was no quoting of this passage, as they always do with the rest of the Scripture in the book. My heart yearns to look for the passage in the Bible.
As I ignored it a moment and moved on to my following reading of passage, which is totally different and not connected to the devotional book, I was so surprised that I came across this verse that I wanted to look for in 2 Chronicles 15:2. I truly believe that this was not just a coincident, but it’s a divine appointment with the Lord and I was very sure that this is what He wanted to say to me this morning.
As I continued with my devotion, I read through it with more expectation that He’s going to show me more and reveal greater words and mysteries to me.
Other verses that spoke to my heart were also found in 2 Chronicles 15 and 16.

2 Chronicles 15:7 But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.
2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.

As I read through the words of wisdom in Proverbs 21, God somehow caught my attention and my heart on these few verses, which I felt like they were connected with what He had just revealed to me in the story of Asa King of Judah in 2 Chronicles.

Proverbs 21:2,3 All a man’s ways seem right to him, but the Lord weighs the heart.
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice
.
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord.

King Asa seeks the Lord first in His early days and the Lord was with him and helped him through wars and battles. But at one attack, he made a treaty with King of Aram to save him from the attack of Baasha King of Israel. Instead of turning to the Lord for help and deliverance, he turned to King of Aram, which also solved his problem. But the Lord was not pleased with him and rebuked him through a prophet and he was bitter with the Lord ever since after that.

I believe that the Lord wanted to tell me that I (and we) have to put our trust and hope in Him, and to seek and counsel Him first in all that we do, and also not to depend on our own wisdom and our own way of doing and settling a problem.

Proverbs 3:5,6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him all he will make your paths straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home