Monday, June 19, 2006

The Power of A Simple Prayer (18/6/06)

I was rostered to sing in the choir for the evening Interactive Church tonight. My cousin couldn’t make it to the church this morning, so he also went for the evening Interactive Church. We met up after the meeting in the foyer.
As we looked around trying to look for someone to give us a ride home, we couldn’t find anyone. So we decided to catch a bus home. We looked through the bus timetable and realized that the latest bus would be 8.04 pm and we had a few more minutes to walk to the bus station. We hurried off straight away.
On the way there he said that he don’t think he’ll be able to catch the latest bus back home from the city. However, I reassured him that we will make it for that bus. As we rushed over to the station, I prayed a simple prayer, that the Lord would bless him that he’ll be able to catch the bus on time.
Amazingly, we managed to reach the city on time and we parted off at his bus stop. I went my way to my bus stop, catching another bus that will bring me home. As I was waiting, my LG leader called and I told him that I left the church with my cousin and board the bus home. After the call, I received a call from my cousin, saying that he’s back at home already.
I truly praised the Lord for answering the prayer – the simple prayer – that He would show my cousin and me of His great power and wonder. It may seem impossible in man’s eye, but all things are possible in HIM.

Matthew 7:7,8 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

I truly praise the Lord for such an opportunity, for I truly believe that this was His arrangement and that He shall show us both of His power and also to reveal of what He can do through this simple prayer and this walk of faith. As it turned out, most of the people whom we were looking for, while we were in the church, for transport home were in the guest lounge, the place we didn’t search. With that I believe God wanted to show us this wonderful work of the Lord.

Do not underestimate God’s power and what He can do
Through a simple prayer and faith!
Matthew 17:20
“I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed,
You can say to this mountain,
‘Move from here to there’
And it will move.
Nothing will be impossible for you”
-A quote from Mr. ‘J’, the Son of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home