Sunday, September 24, 2006

Flames of Fire (18/9/06)

The following words are the words of encouragement spoken to me during my devotion this morning. Hope it will be an encouragement to you as well.

Isaiah 43:2
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;
The flames will not set you ablaze.”


= Going through rivers of difficulty will either cause you to drown or force you to grow stronger. If you go in your own strength, you are more likely to drown. If you invite the Lord to go with you, He will protect you.

Psalms 42:5,6
“Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
For I will yet praise Him, my Saviour and my God.
My soul is downcast within me;
THEREFORE I WILL REMEMBER YOU.”

= Antidote for depression: meditate on the record of God’s goodness. This will take your mind off the present situation and give hope to improve. It will focus your thoughts on God’s ability to help you rather than on your ability to help yourself. Read the Bible (God’s goodness) and meditate on them. In addition to this, also read Philippians 4:8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home