Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Bus Is Coming (22/7/06)

I did house cleaning today after my devotion this morning. Indeed it had been long since the last time I cleaned the house. Having my own time cleaning the house was so much fun, that I don’t have to be afraid of waking my housemate up in the morning with the loud vacuum machine. He’d gone out for a day-trip with his friends. It took me two hours to clean my room, living hall, toilet, and the kitchen. During cleaning, I had conversation with the Lord in whispers and in songs. His joy and freedom overflow within my heart as I sang and vacuumed.

After finishing the cleaning, I looked at the clock and saw that it was a quarter to one. So I quickly hopped into brief shower and got changed, trying to catch the free connector bus at 5 past 1. I skipped my lunch because I wasn’t feeling hungry yet. As I was leaving the house, the clock showed that the time was nearing. So I hurriedly said a brief prayer, ‘O God, help me to board the bus, Lord!’ Then God gave me a flash of a vision in my mind about where the bus was at that time. It was a half of a bus stop away from where I was supposed to board mine, about two junctions away from the street. I can see it turning at the junction. Assured that it wasn’t gone yet, I hurriedly put on my shoes and locked the door and ran to the stop. As I was running out from the walkway of the apartment, I saw the bus driving by. Then I had the adrenaline shot and ran as fast as I can to catch the bus, which was stopping for a passenger to get down. The door was just closing when I got near the bus. Knowing the driver’s name, I shouted, ‘Ian!’ Wow! I was just on time to board the bus. Thank God for the vision and the good timing.
I headed down to the city and I dropped by Wooleys to get some stuff and I bought a huge lettuce, a box of raisins (thinking of baking a simple cake with lots of raisins) and a large peanut butter, which happened to be on sale (good price). Then after that I headed to catch the 99B free bus down to the market and China Town.

I bought a packet of carrots and tomatoes from the market, which was on bargain at the moment. It was just so crowded with lots of people headed up and down the lane. This reminded me of ‘pasar malam’ back at home. After that I went to get a tray of two dozens of fresh eggs from the grocery store in China Town. I normally shared with my housemate. But this few days we were not coping very well and I don’t felt like helping him with the eggs. But I thanked God that He has deposited forgiveness and love into my heart, as He had loved me and forgiven me first, that I could freely forgive, love and accept others. So I just bought the whole tray. I can tell you that it’s not easy to buy a tray too because it wasn’t light and I’ll have to carry it all the way home with the rest of my stuff. Sometimes I wondered also whether if all my efforts and sacrifice were appreciated or not. But each time that came into my mind, I thank God He has also deposited His Holy Spirit to strengthen and comfort and speak into me, that He reminded to that though others may not know about such sacrifice, the Lord knows and my rewards are in heaven. With these words, the words of intimidation just died off. PTL!

After buying the eggs, I looked at my watch and realized that it was half past one and the bus could have already reach or gone at the stop near the market. I didn’t rush over the bus stop and I was thinking of waiting for another 35 minutes for the next bus to come. But I wouldn’t like to wait for so long. So a thought of catching another free bus to catch the free connector, which will bring me home, at another stop, came to my mind. I truly believed that this thought was given by the Lord. I hurried to the nearest stop of the free bus, 99C and waited there a while I squeezed as many stuff into my backpack.

I waited a while and still no bus. So another thought came into my mind of catching the 99B freebus. It sounded good and so I crossed the road. As it turned out, I saw the 99C freebus coming to the stop I was heading and thank God I was on time for the bus again. When this bus stopped at the Victoria Square, another thought of adventure came into my mind as I saw the 99B freebus opposite the road. So I jumped off the bus and hurried to cross the road to catch the 99B. As it turned out, I was just on time that the traffic light turned red for the pedestrian to cross the busy road. PTL!

The 99B brought me over to Rundle Mall, where I got down and hurried to the stop where the Connector Freebus will be stopping in a few minutes time, the war memorial statue. I looked at my watch and saw that I was just on time according to the timetable. Well, somehow I can feel His peace and satisfaction within me, as I waited for the bus. I was so satisfied because I took up the challenge of the adventure to catch the connector bus instead of staying back in the market, waiting for the next bus to come.
Well, now only I understood the content in the book I was currently reading – Wild at Heart – how adventure was God’s intent for mankind. That’s the satisfaction I was talking about. Hehe….
Well, at last I managed to catch the bus, which brought me home straight to where I caught the bus that afternoon.
I was thinking about buying roasted chicken from Foodland after that, but finally figured out that I should leave that for tomorrow, as I still got a piece of chicken in the fridge. I thanked God for such leading too, as I already overshot my budget for today’s spending.
So I spent my time cooking my lunch, which turned out to be dinner as well, because I ate them happily at about 5pm. A bowl of soupy mixed veges (zucchini, lettuce, sliced fresh tomatoes, with some cauliflower), a dish of fried noodle and a piece of roasted chicken.
PTL for such an adventurous day and for speaking to me and strengthening me to do all that I did today!

Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home