Wednesday, September 13, 2006

'I will lead you through' (13/9/06)

I was so glad and relieved that at last I've handed in the major assignment yesterday. I felt such a great freedom after that and I had such peace and quite some free time now, after such a struggle with my assignment. I'm so glad that God has brought and sustained me till now.
Last Thursday, as I was struggling to rush and increase the speed of my assignment progress, I was struck with fear and the feeling of giving up and the fear of failure, when I ooked through the materials that I still need to read and summarise on Thursday night. I noticed that I still had a lot to do and I've pushed myself to the max this few days that I was so fed up of such sturggle, and felt like to stop the work and giving up. that would mean to let me fail the assigment (which accounts for one subject itself) and repeat it next year. In the midst of the fear, God spoke forth into my heart and told me to calm down, as He put Philipians 4:4-7 into my heart (the verses were written on a piece of card and was pasted on the wall of my room, just directly in front of my face as I was doing my assignment on the computer) and even PROMISED ME that He would lead me through this.
With this assuring and comforting words, I tried so hard to calm myself down and try to ignore the attack of the fear by the enemy. This may sound easy to you, but I can tell you that it was not as easy as you and I thought. I'm a human being as well and it's easy for us to get caught up with fear and let worries "paralyse" our mind. By the worries in my mind, i can't acheive much things. As revealed to me before, I figured out I need to slw and calm down a bit and then only can I continue with my works and then work through the tasks one by one. It took me approximately more than 1 hour to get the worries out of my mind and to calm down and TO CHANGE MY FOCUS.
I finally manage to gather my focus back at about 11pm and I continued with the work till early in the morning. PTL that He gave me the strength and the alertness to stay awake through the night, as I was never a "night" person. I even just had only 4 hours of sleep that night and continued with the works after that, through the weekend and Monday. Through it it, God has been my Strength and my Motivator. Finally, I managed to finish the assignment on Monday midnight. By Tuesday, before I handed it in, I did some editing and cut down the number of words and manage to pass it up just on time - 4 pm Tuesday.
PTL! Praise the faithful and loving God and Friend, whio is faithful in keeping His promises and has given me the strength to persevere through the hard times.
Now I'm enjoying some breaks from the Lord, as the new subject begins on the Tuesday itself. as it was just the begining, things was a bit slow and I manage to have some time off today. PTL, the Mighty One!
For those who are going through rough times now, stay strong and persevere and don't EVER EVER give up. Cry out to the Lord and He is FAITHFUL and will hear your cry and help you through.
GBU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home