Sunday, September 03, 2006

Late For Train (29/8/06)

I woke up early this morning & did my QT as usual, before I headed off to placement. As the reading was quite interesting today, I spent more time on it.
Little did I noticed that it was almost 8 am when I finished reading & got ready to leave home, to catch a bus down to the city.
As I waited at the bus stop, worry caught hold of me as two buses just passed by without stopping (T or full bus). I got all the more worried when my watch showed 820 am, as I needed to catch the train down to the placement site at 827 am, which will normally leave at around 830 am. I thought I was going to miss the train, which will cause me to be late for the placement if I catch the next train. My heart cried out to the Lord for help, that He would let me board a bus soon, so that I'll be there on time to catch the train.
As I waited and prayed for the bus to come, a thought crossed through my mind. Instead of me being late for the train, another possiblity would be that the train was late. I prayed to the Lord that He would intervene and delay the train so that I would be able to board it on time.
Finally thank God that the bus came at around 825am and I hopped into it and kept praying. Although I knew that was a word from the Lord, I just couldn't seemed to shake the fear off my mind. I was also thinking about what to do IF I ever miss the train - how I would have to inform Peter White (SMS) and the pharmacy.

Filled with excitement, adventure and worry, my bosy shot the adrenaline store, as I ran towards the train station, after the bus stopped at the stop in King William Street. I managed to dropped by the men's room to empty my bladder first before I ran over to Platform 6. Thank God for the loo, as I really needed that at that moment before I board the 18-minutes train ride.
As it turned out, I was so glad and happy to see Peter and the other passengers still waiting for the train at the platform. It was already 830am by the time I reached there. THe train was late and was not even there yet. This couldn't be another coincidence or accident, but only the work of the hand of the Mighty God who answered my prayer and intervened. Praise the awesome and wonderful God. Indeed everything is under His control. PTL!
Finally, Peter and I reached the pharmacy in Alberton at 9am, just on time.
Thank you, Lord, for speaking to me and for showing me 'what would happen' and for answering my prayer in an awesome way!
PTL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home