Sunday, September 24, 2006

“My Words Will Not Return Empty” (24/9/06)

God caught my heart as I read through Isaiah 55 & 56 in my devotion this morning. He spoke to me mightily in Isaiah 55:10-13:
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish,
So that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
So is My word that goes out from My mouth:
It will not return to Me empty,
But will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
The mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
And instead of the briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the Lord’s renown,
For an everlasting sign which will not be destroyed.

= The Lord spoken to me that His words and promises that He revealed to me through the years will truly be accomplished in His timing and He is faithful to fulfill the promises. In addition to this, these verses also spoke to me because Pastor Ashley has been preaching about the principle of sowing and reaping and it was like the Lord is encouraging me to keep sowing for and into His Kingdom and I will reap the harvest when the season is ripe or right.

Isaiah 56:1-2
This is what the Lord says:
“Maintain justice and do what is right,
For My salvation is close at hand and My righteousness will soon be revealed.
Blessed is the man who does this,
The man who holds it fast,
Who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

= I felt the Lord encouraging me not to give up on doing good and living right and observing His law. Are you growing weary with living the righteous way? I hope this would be an encouragement to you to keep living the way the Lord delights, as it has been an encouragement to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home