Sunday, October 15, 2006

Loneliness (8/10/06)

Psalm 63
1 O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. 4 I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. 5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. 6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. 7 Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. 8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

Notes: David was intensely lonely. He longed for a friend he could trust to ease his loneliness. No wonder he cried out, "O God, ... my soul thirst for you, ... in a dry & weary land." If you are lonely or thirsty for something lasting in your life, remember David's prayer. God alone can satisfy our deepest longings!

I felt that there was something missing in my life these days & it was just so difficult to figure out the missing piece and it was also hard to put it into words. Although I still spend time daily with the Lord & still receive words (rhema) from Him, i still felt that there has to be something more to what I was experiencing now - both with God and men. In the sense, I was feeling rather lonely through the days, especially weekdays and was seeking for friends and companions, whom I could be accountable and encouraged day by day. God truly has spoken to me this morning. Although i realised that we actually need connections with both men (horizontal) and God (vertical), i believe God was saying that i can cry out to Him in times of loneliness and only He alone can satisfy my deepest longings. I will need to look at life positively, rather than to focus too much on the 'thorn' of loneliness or the missing piece of my life & be joyful and praise Him in everything instead.

Jeremiah 17:5-8, 10
5 This is what the LORD says:
"Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD. 6 He will be like a bush in the wastelands; he will not see prosperity when it comes. He will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. 7 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. 8 He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
10 "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."

This passage also spoke to me this morning that I was again reminded to put my hope in the Lord and to seek Him first foremost and He will establish my 'horizontal' relationship.
Apart from that, the principles of "Sowing and Reaping" and "Building A Life That Lasts" also crossed through my mind, as i read through this passage. i truly believe this is the season when God would equip me and us (church) to prepare us for a future great harvest for the glory of His Name.
Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home