Monday, November 20, 2006

THe Heart of Servanthood (II) (23/10/06)

Matthew 25:21-29
His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. COme and share your master's happines!'.... For everyone who has will be given more. and he will have an abundance.

John 15:15,16
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything I learned from the Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

Philipians 2:5-11

Jesus is and should be our role model in our lives as stated in Philipians 2:5-11, how he showed the heart of servanthood in the days of his life on earth, as a man. He willingly laid down his status as Lord and Master, to love nad serve his own creation (men) and he was even willing to lay down his lives to be the "sacrifice" of lamb on the 'altar', to conquer sin and death, and to gain victory, freedom and access to God, for men. "Therefore GOd exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name..." (Phil 2:9)
Through these passages, GOd also showed me that the heart of servanthood is also a way to gain favour, blessings, and it helps us to enlarge our capacity to receive the great future "harvest".
In addition to the call of serving the community with a heart of servanthood. GOd also showed me that as we serve like Jesus, we will be God's friend. He chose us to be His friend and helps us to enlarge our capacity for the harvest and to bear fruits, as we serve others.

I went for choir practice today and we had a session to honour one of our best and faithful drummer in the church band. Even as Ps Ollie shared words of encouragement. God put Matthew 25:21-29 into my heart - "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.... For everyone who has will be given more and he will have an abundance!"

Are you serving the Lord wholeheartedly today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home