Monday, October 23, 2006

Victory Vs Defeat (14/10/06)

As I made brunch this morning, God called my name, "Willy". Recognising His voice I opened up my ears to hear from Him, as I continued making my food. After a few minutes, I heard this song that I used to sing in the Sunday School in my mind - I will make you fishers of men; fishers of men; fishers of men;... if you follow me". I sensed that God was asking me to be strong and persevere in following Him.
After the brunch, I did my devotion on "Victory vs Defeat". In the notes, it says, God gives us the same choice He gave the Israelites. If we walk with Him in obedience to His Word, He will stand with us and ensure victory over our challenges. I was greatly encouraged with that rhema and God also put Jeremiah 29:11-14 into my mind.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call to me and came and pray to me, and I will listen to you; You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you", declares the Lord.

I was also rather curious at the moment about the result of my PP test, which was released yesterday. I was disappointed and discouraged to find that I failed the test and had to retake it in two weeks time. I thought I should have passed the oral test. I tried to 'move forward' and to do my revision but the test failure kept haunting my mind. I slept early tonight to prepare myself for church and choir tomorrow.
(To be continue)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home