Friday, April 13, 2007

My Easter Testimony

Ever since I took the step of faith to be baptized on the 4/4/1999, my lives started to turn around as the Lord led me patiently to take me back to the path of righteousness. My study life in secondary years was very messed up because of unwise decisions and I struggled a lot in my studies in those years. The struggle in my studies was felt even as I stepped into Pre-U studies and into university. Fears of failure gripped me when I first failed subjects in the first year of my university studies. After that, the fear clung unto me each time when tests or examination come. But through the years, God has given me the strength to face all these failures in positive ways, the strength to persevere and to work harder, the peace and confidence to do my best in each assessment and to put my trust and faith in Him for the results. Amazingly God has led me through each stage of my studies till where I am now. Without Him I really can’t imagine where I would be now.

In addition to the struggles in my studies, I also faced relationship problems among my friends, due to my characters and behaviors. I was struck with various problems like depression, anxiety, fears of various things, low self-esteem and intimidation due to loss of friends and loneliness. However, the Lord was faithful and caring that He taught me and build up my character patiently each day. Even through these days of reconstructions, God has also deposited His Words and promises into my heart that have planted me onto the firm Rock that can not be shaken. Through these transformations, God has added and enlarged my territory and friendships each day that I could be who I am now.

Indeed these have been a long journey, but HE was there with me, beside me, faithfully guiding me through each “wilderness” and “thorns” of life, bringing me back to HIS PATH of righteousness, building and shaping me up to be the man He wants me to be.

Among the few promises that kept me strong through these journey are found in Psalm 23 and Proverbs 3:
The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not be in want; He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters; He restores my soul; He guides me in the path of righteousness; even though I walk through the valley of shadows of death; I will fear no evil; for You are with me and Your staff comforts me; surely goodness and love will follow me; all the days of my life I will dwell in the house of the Lord; Forever.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.

Now that He has freed me, I can smile at the world with His great joy!

PTL Hallelujah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home