Friday, September 07, 2007

Journey Of Faith (6/9/070)

I was so struck with fear, worry and stress as I heard all about the limited traineeship positions in Adelaide from a lot of people. As I seek advise from a few friends about traineeship yesterday, most of the responses I received were very negative and distressful, although I did get some good advise from them. That has truly caused me to feel very stress out and insecure and worried about my journey ahead of me. It really looked very challenging and not easy. Plus the discouraging messages I received from my dad, persuading me to do my traineeship in Malaysia, added to my worries. He told me that it's better that I head back home because I can't take care of myself. By God's wisdom, I sent him a beautiful and gentle reply, which I never thought would ever cross my mind, if it wasn't for God.
In my distress last night, I shared my heart with God and told Him everything that had happened and how I felt. I also had the opportunity to chat with a brother-in-Christ, ANdrew, about my struggles and he reminded me to turn my forcus and faith onto God in this journey of faith & to hold on to God's promises day by day.
As I readjusted my focus back to the Mighty God last night, I also learned not to let what other people/human said to "cloud" or blind/distract my vision of God's promises in my lives.
As I did that, God restored back His joy and enthusiasm into my heart again, to continue with my job search and application again TODAY.

As I started my day with God's words, He spoke His rhema into my heart, giving me the strength for today. Devotion in the Utmost For His Highest spoke of "Rivers of Living Water" from John 7:38;

A river touches places of which its source knows nothing, and Jesus says if we have received of His fullness, however small the visible measure of our lives, out of us will flow the rivers that will bless to the uttermost parts of the earth. We have nothing to do with the outflow -- "This is the work of God that ye believe..."
A river is victoriously persistent, it overcomes all barriers. For a while it is baulked, but it soon makes a pathway round the obstacle. Or a river will drop out of sight far miles, and presently EMERGE AGAIN BROADER AND GRANDER THAN EVER.... Keep paying attention to the Source, and God will either take you around the obstacle or remove it. The river of the Spirit of God overcomes all obstacles. Never get your eyes on the obstacle or on the difficulty. The obstacle is a matter of indifference to the river which flows steadily through you if you remember to keep right to the Source. Never allow anything between yourself and Jesus Christ, no emotion, or experience; nothing must keep you from the one great Sovereign Source...
If you believe in Jesus, you will find that God has nourished in you mighty torrents of blessing for others.

This divine intervention ata divine timing has given me the strength to psuh through ahead of my journey ahead. As I continued reading, God spoke to me again from Psalm 127:1&2;

Unless the Lord builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat -
for He grants sleep to those He loves
OR
for while they sleep He provides for those he loves.

I learned that as I build up the foundation of my career, i MUST put my focus on God first. letting Him lead me each step of my efforts, and doing the best of my role in searching for the job. I also need to let Him lead OR do the "building". I believe that as I do my role, God will pave the way to the path He has planned for me.
Even as I stepped out this morning to apply at a few pharmacies and did followup with the few I have applied before, God's favour was evidently upon me as He granted me with great favour from the employers. He has also blessed me with an interview scheduled for next week. Hopelessnes, which was felt last night, was replaced with great hope and excitement & the seemingly closed doors were replaced with a bright light beaming from an opened door.
The adventure today was great and fruitful, as I finally got an interview opportunity and also bright chances of employment with another two stores/employers.
As I did my role today, I let God do His part. By faith, I beleieve He will lead me to where He wants me to be.
Praise our gracious and all loving, awesome God.

May God bless you with His favour and lead you in your journey of life and faith!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home