Sunday, July 13, 2008

Change Your Mindset (12/7/08)

I have changed my devotion method to listening to God's voice instead.
I was led to Ephesians 4:2-3 yesterday.
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."

This was what happened before the devotion yesterday.
As I was pondering through what had happened in Gold Coast between my sister and I, I was shocked to hear this voice in my heart - "Paradise Konon!" Wow! I never know there was such anger and hatred in my heart towards her. I thought I have forgiven her. Pondering further to that I realised that I have been focussing too mush on the negatives during my stay with her. That has led to this hatred in my heart.

Knowing this, I confessed to the Lord of my unforgiveness and chose to "switch" my minds and thoughts upon the positives instead. God reminded me once again that "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things" (Philipians 4:8) AND "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the well spring of life. LET YOUR EYES LOOK STRAIGHT AHEAD, fix your gaze directly before you." (Proverbs 4:23 & 25)

Must not let my eyes deviate towards the negativity in other people, but fix them straight with positivity and continue to fix my gaze onto Jesus so that I can continue to strive towards this goal/prize in God's calling or leading and so that I can move forward in my journey of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home