Sunday, July 13, 2008

NCCC or BCC? (13/7/08)

I have been praying about which church to attend/join. Had been praying about it since last week. 2 choices: NCCC or BCC? Having think about the distance, transport issue, ability to serve in the church & to join LG or CG, NCCC seems to be the better place. Besides I am sure I can contribute a lot in this church and into the community in BUrpengary. However my heart is still inclined towards BCC because it was more similar to PCCC back in Adelaide. IT;s just that It's not so convenient for me to travel such a distance and my involvement in the church would be jeopardised if I was to join BCC. My concscience in me still says to attend NCCC.

Having to attend BCC today, I had a chat with Tarjei about this decision. It sudeenly dawned to me that the answer has been sitting in my heart since the beginning. The only thing that matters now is whether I would chose to follow GOd's leading or to follow my fleshly desire. After the short chat with TJ, I finally made up my mind to follow God's way - to attend the local church, NCCC.

The Vine devotion today says, "it's not easy to do the right thing when (a) it will cost you; (b) the wrong thing is more practical; (c) no one but you will know..... Cowardice asks: is it safe? Consensus asks: is it popular? Conscience [character] asks: is it right?" My reading on "Walking With God" by John Eldredge today also says, "The Christian life is not the commonsense life".

How true are these. My conscience says NCCC but my consensus/human fleshly selfish desire/mind or commonsense tells me BCC. But finally I chose God's way - NCCC.

Thank you God for letting me understand what you are trying to tell me today and for piecing each small information for me to take this step of faith in You.

Are you walking in faith and with God's leading today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home